Delaware Veterinarian Licensing Requirements

Requirements for veterinary practice in Delaware:

Here’s a quick overview of the veterinary licensing requirements for the state of Delaware. To learn more, click on the “visit website” button below.

Fee: $161
Temporary License available: Yes
Reciprocity: Yes
Foreign Grads – AVMA ECFVG or PAVE: Yes
Transcripts: Yes
Professional References: No
Verification of Active Practice: No
Verification of Licensure/letter of good standing: Yes
Licensing Period: 2 years
Jurisprudence Exam: No
NAVLE or NBE & CCT – VIVA Score Reporting: Yes

Grad of AVMA Approved College of Vet Med: Yes
Certificate of Veterinary Medical Education/Diploma: No
Continuing Education Requirements: If NAVLE, NBR, CCT was taken more than 2 years ago, 36 hours requred for the last 3 years.
Once licensed: 24 hours, every 2 year period
Resume: No
Proof of Citizenship / Alien Status: Yes
Criminal Background Check: No

New to relief work? We have a free e-book that will help you get started. Learn more by clicking here.